Here are just some of the upcoming big events on Salt Spring Island that may be interesting – please note it’s not a comprehensive list! Also check out Workshops on the Rock and our monthly blog post with upcoming events for the next month. Finally, if there’s something missing, email us here to get it added!
- Check out what’s on at our Salt Spring Movie Theatre in an old converted church!
- Salt Spring Studio Tour – a self-guided tour of 34 artists working studios and galleries.
- Yoga classes with a variety of teachers, all days and times! We know Yoga on Salt Spring!
- Summer Camp Colossal – Drop in summer day camp for children aged 5-12. Crafts, sports, outdoor exploration and swimming. Varies by day. (Monday to Friday, July 3rd to August 31 – except BC Day, August 6th)
- EVERY Saturday – Salt Spring’s famous Saturday Artisan & Farmer’s Market – roughly 8.30am to 3.30pm (roughly Easter to end October)
- EVERY Tuesday – Farmer’s Market – meet your local, organic farmers! – 3.00pm-7.00pm (roughly June to end of October)
- Check our local paper “The Driftwood” for up-to-date local music performances and much more!
February, March & April 2014
- Saturday 8th February – Seedy Saturday! Buy seeds, plant starts, socialise and hang out at this awesome Community food growing event.
Sunday February 9th – 6th Annual Maple Syrup Day at Harbour House Hotel.
- Monday 10th February – Family Day Holiday.
- Friday 14th February – Valentine’s Day!
- Friday 28th February – Sun March 2nd – Salt Spring Documentary Film Festival
- Salt Spring Blossom Festival
- Friday 18th – Sunday 20th April – 8th Annual Easter Art Tour
May & June 2014
See our article: 15 Splendid Reasons to Visit Salt Spring Island in May!
- Saturday 3rd – Sunday 4th May – Salt Spring Potter’s Guild Show & Sale
- Sunday 4th May - Ruckle Farm Day
- Sunday May 11th – Mother’s Day
- Friday 16th May – Sunday 18th May: Round Saltspring Sailing Weekend.
- Monday May 19th – Victoria Day Holiday
- Saturday 14th – Sunday 15th June – Sea Capers. Fun and frolics around town – and in the sea. Parade, chowder cook-off, the build-a-boat and sandcastle building contests, kayak races and loads of things to do for kids with great music for the adults.
- Sunday 15th June – Father’s Day
- Tuesday 1st – Canada Day! Classic Car Show, Concert Band, Cake and more in Centennial Park. Evening fireworks in Ganges Harbour.
Sunday 13th – The 12th Annual Lavender Festival at Sacred Mountain Lavender, 401 Musgrave Rd
- Sunday 20th – Friday 25th – Salt Spring’s Famous Fiddle Camp, concerts & more!
Check out our article: 19 Ways to Soak up the Salt Spring Island Vibe in August!
- Monday 4th August – BC Day Holiday
- Fulford Day – A fun family day in Fulford celebrating all things Salt Spring!
- Sunday 31st – Salt Spring Farm Tour. Learn more about this phenomenal experience of local food heaven, community, and empowerment of local & international food producers. Visit the Farm Tour Website for more details >>
Also, see our article: 18 Reasons to Swing by Salt Spring Island in September!
- Monday 1st - Labour Day Holiday
- Saturday 5th – Monday 7th – Salt Spring Pride Festival including parade
- Sunday 7th – Terry Fox Run
- Saturday 13th – Sunday 14th – The Fall Fair (A MUST visit! Visit the famous Salt Spring Pie Ladies, Salt Spring Lamb Burgers, Zucchini Racing and Fair rides for kids, check out local arts and crafts, visit the farm animals, check out the produce, jams, cakes, flowers, photography exhibits and MUCH more)
- Saturday 19th – Sunday 20th - Sip and Savour Salt Spring. The Festival brings together local growers, food providers and chefs and partners them with BC vintners. Lots of events and supporting events on island! A great reason to visit.
- Sunday 28th – Salt Spring’s 15th Awesome Annual Apple Festival! Tour local farms and orchards tasting and learning about the over 150 varieties of apples – and eating delicious local fare! Watch a short video about Salt Spring’s Apples and Festival here >>
- Monday 13th – Canadian Thanksgiving
- Saturday 18th – Harvest Grape Stomp at Salt Spring Vineyards. Music, food, oyster sucking and grape stomping! 12-5pm
- Friday 31st – Lots of Great Halloween events & Parties. Fireworks over Ganges Harbour.
- Sunday 2nd – Daylight Saving Ends (Have an extra hour in bed!)
- Tuesday 11th – Remembrance Day ceremony held in Centennial Park
- Friday 21st – Sunday 23rd - GIANT BOOKSALE! If you’re thinking about an ‘out of season’ visit to Salt Spring Island and you love BOOKS, this is the weekend for you!
- Thursday 27th - US Thanksgiving
- Saturday 6th – Sunday 7th (TBC) – Salt Spring Island’s FAMOUS Craft Fair Weekend!
- Thursday 25th - Christmas Day
- Wednesday 31st - New Year’s Eve
- Thursday 1st – New Years Day